Last updated: February 5, 2011.
Information Gathered About Hublife.com users
The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your user experience at Hublife.com. The following are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to make full use of the website and/or take advantage of many of our features and/or services. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing content delivery to you, providing our services in associated with your calendar and event planning, communicating with other Hublife® users, improving our services and capabilities, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We also receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses content served by or on behalf of Hublife.com on other Web sites while you interact with those sites.
- Electronic Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Hublife.com if your computer supports such capabilities or when you access your HUBnotes. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your User Communication Preferences. However, if you do not want to receive Conditions of Use, updates and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of Hublife.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and associate it with your account information in order to provide a better customized individual user experience.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide certain user features like personalized calendar.
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. It is Hublife's policy to never knowingly share individual and/or personal information with others, and we hold that information in the strictest confidence. We share user information only as described below and with subsidiaries that Hublife.com controls and are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We may work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Marketplace sellers, these businesses provide content through Hublife.com. These entities are not provided any individual content or data from HUBkap.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We may utilize companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for other purposes. If you have accessed Hublife through an outside source or link, we do not have responsibilities for the actions of the third party that brought you into the Hublife site.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected individuals or groups of Hublife.com users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your communication preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the user consents otherwise). Also, in the event that Hublife.com or Smooth Productions, Inc has a portion of or substantially all of its assets acquired, user information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Hublife.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use (See above), and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Hublife.com, our users, or others. However, we do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose personally identifiable information from our users for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
At this time Hublife® does not charge for services or use of this website. As we are a content provider, we do not perform financial transactions ourselves. Any financial transactions are performed through identified providers and it is your sole responsibility to accept the privacy terms of that provider.
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites
HUBkap may provide advertising and links to other Web sites from third parties. We do not provide any personally identifiable user information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
Hublife.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Hublife.com for the purpose of viewing and, updating that information. You may access your information through the user interface and the user's personal account settings.
Children are Not Allowed to use Hublife.com
Hublife® is intended solely for users who are thirteen (13) years of age or older. Personal information about children less than 13 years of ages provided to Hublife® in association with your account may only be provided by that child's parent or legal guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Hublife.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of North Dakota. If you have a concern about privacy at Hublife.com we will try to work to resolve it, so please contact us with a thorough description of your concern. Since our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use also will change, we may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to. However, you should check our Web site frequently to see the most recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of user information collected in the past without the consent of affected users.